Rachel in Tokyo

This is a blog about an American law school student studying in Tokyo for the semester.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Venus Forte

THIS I DON'T GET. In America, when we are thinking about spending loads of cash on signage for a new business, we generally check to make sure the sign makes sense. Perhaps we will spend as much on the actual marketing slogan, as the sign itself. Take for instance, when Taco Bell decided to roll out their new marketing campaign for the "chalupa"...when they went to Mexico, they actually had to change the word for it, because it meant something very degrading to hispanic men there. But here! In Tokyo! They insist on literal translation from Japanese to English. And most of the time, the slogans just do NOT make sense! FOR EXAMPLE!!! (See sign below...)



Does this mean that I need to turn around and not go inside THIS TIME? What are you going to do in the meantime while you wait for next time? Will you eat a cookie? What if I come back next time, will you wait for the time after that??? These are very important questions that need to be answered! I don't want you to have to wait too long! You might catch a cold in the rain! Or you might get hot in the summertime outside! I could go on and on and on and on......



Joe Cool. Take my freakin' picture!!! I'm not going to smile like this forever! God...I hate pictures....and she's going to put this on her blog! Well, maybe that's not so bad. She has lots of friends. Maybe some single girl-friends! I'm single, too! And I'm about to sit for the bar in Ohio! I am available! and my blog address is: joeintokyo.blogspot.com!!



On top of the water fountain at venus forte// the ceiling



Here they were selling strawberries in the middle of the mall. The strawberries here are delicious! They taste better than back home...sweeter and not as tart!



Water fountain at Venus Forte.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home